H I G H L I G H T :
● NEW 2017 Sept = Burmese fonts Guide by John Okell Sept 2017.
● Find more resources here Learning Burmese/Myanmar courses and resources: A selection compiled by John Okell updated to November 2017. (you can find the same file in https://www.facebook.com/groups/BurmeseMyanmarLanguageLearning/files/).
We always welcome volunteers who want to give out some translated short/long stories or articles -- for our learning materials. We will put your name and contact details under the item.
We invite you to give info regarding books, private courses, burmese learning classes, websites, mobile apps, etc, to be listed here. Email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org or message/comment on BAMA Facebook.
For beginner+ students, follow Burmese companies on Facebook to find short Burmese sentences!
● Burmese: An Introduction to the Spoken Language
, Books 1 and 2, by John Okell. 1994
● Colloquial Burmese, the complete course for beginners, by San San Hnin Tun. 2014
● Burmese for Beginners, by Gene Mesher. Paiboon Publishing, Berkeley and Bangkok. 2006
● Easy Burmese, by Kenneth Wong. Tuttle Publishing. Pre-order Sep 2019
● Judson Dictionary. 1921
● Burmese/ Myanmar: a dictionary of grammatical forms, by John Okell and Anna J. Allott, Curzon Press. 2001. Abe Books
. Second revised edition (2017) available in Pansodan Gallery, Yangon AND online Createspace
● Burmese & English Compact Dictionary, compiled by Nance Cunningham & Aung Soe Min by Paiboon Publishing. 30,000 words. 2009. Abe Books
- CzechStudentsDictionary - Published 2012
● SEAlang Library Burmese
BURMESE LANGUAGE SCHOOLS/COURSES/TUTORS/CLUB IN MYANMAR
● Annual Yangon Burmese Course
. Burmese classes at all levels taught by John Okell, Yu Yu Khaing and Justin Watkins. 2019 will run from 3-14 June 2019 at the Institut Français de Birmanie on Pyay Road. Visit www.bamazaga.com
● The Yangon University of Foreign Languages offers one-year classes in Burmese to foreign students. The application must be made through your embassy in Myanmar, to be approved at government-level. If approved, your academic year will begin early December and finish at the end of September, with a 2-month break between semesters to do some travel and sightseeing.
● Institut Francais Birmanie
● Burmese Language Club
at Pansuriya on Bogalay Zay St. Contact Nance for details
● Moe Myanmar Language Centre
● Saya Ma Momo
● PM Training Center
● Burmese Tutoring
and Myanmar Language Test
● Burmese by Ear
, or Essential Myanmar, by John Okell. 1993. FREE pdf and audio!
● Seasite Burmese
● Burmese Script Animations
- How to write letters
● Easy Burmese
BBE & Burmese script writing animation
● A Burmese Reader
Oxford Oriental Series - Published 1894
● Daily Burmese
● Learn Myanmar Phrase
book iOS App
● Simply Learn Burmese
- Myanmar Travel Phrasebook Apps
● Burmese Myanmar Language Learning
Facebook Group by John Okell and team
● Burmese fonts Guide by John Okell Sept 2017
● * To be able to see Burmese Zawgyi on desktop brower: Code Google
or use Google Chrome plug in
, but please do read Burmese fonts Guide by John Okell first.
: Learning Burmese
: how to adjust keyboard and 'font' setting on your mac
: how to adjust keyboard and 'font' setting on Windows
● quizlet.com/cubbera Flashcard
● TED with Burmese subtitle
: Numerous Burmese audio, video, reading
● Burmese Lesson
● Beginning Burmese for English Speakers
- Kenneth Wong
● Cherry‘s Myanmar Lab
● Burma Bites
● Learn Simple Burmese Phrases
● Reading Out Burmese stories
● Reading Out Burmese Lonely Planet